Staffroom Education are looking for Teachers who have experience of working with Additional Learning Needs (ALN). The school itself is situated North of Cardiff and carter for primary aged children with ALN. The school is easily accessible from the M4 and A48 as well as public transport coming from the City Centre by bus.
The successful candidate must have experience of working with pupils in with the following areas:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning and preparing for each class
- Develop programmes of learning activities
- Adapt lesson plans to suit the needs of the pupils
- Check and assess work
- Attend meetings with SENCO/Head Teacher
- Liaise with other service providers such as social workers, physiotherapists and psychologists
- Liaise with parents/cares of the pupils
You must have a caring and patient manner, the ability to deal with challenging situations as well as the ability to motivate and encourage a range of individual needs and be able to adapt quickly to different situations.
We welcome both experienced applicants as well as newly qualified candidates to the role and both are welcome to register for work.
This role, along with all other teaching vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure(SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.