At Staffroom Education we are seeking, experienced Teaching Assistants who have a vast amount of Additional Learning Needs experience to work within a busy Special Needs School in Cardiff. The school is easily accessible by public transport coming from the City Centre as well as links to the M4 and A48 if travelling by car. There is free car parking for staff on site as well and a short 5 minute walk to the bus stop. The school itself cater for pupils between the ages of 3-19 who have Additional Learning Needs, many of whom are on the Autistic Spectrum and present severe physical challenging behaviour.
Many of the positions within this school require candidates to be trained in Manual Handling or Team Teach, so if you hold the All Wales Manual Handling certificate or Team Teach certificate that would be beneficial but it is not necessary.
You must have experience within the following sectors:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
You will be required to assist the class teacher or SENCO when instructed to, help with the pupil’s educational and social development and report back to the staff, parents or carer of the pupil.
We cover anything from day to positions through to long term vacancies within this school; you will be required to work on a one to one basis as well working with small groups.
If you have experience of working with Additional Learning Needs, a passion of working with children, flexible, adaptable to change and recent experience then why not apply today.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via email@example.com.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.