Staffroom Education are looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants to work within a Special Needs School In Newport working with children between the ages of 3-19. The school is easily accessible from the M4 as it is situated on the outskirts of Newport. The ideal candidate will be working with children and young adults who have Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and help develop their learning, so it is beneficial if you have experience within this field.
You must have experience within the following sectors:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Emotional Behaviour Disorder (EBD)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD)
If you hold a certificate in Team Teach or the All Wales Manual Handling then that would be beneficial but it is not essential.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with children, use their own initiative, should be confident working on a one to one basis as well as small groups. You may also be asked to help with personal care i.e toileting and feeding. You must have at least 3 months recent experience of working with children.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via email@example.com.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.