Bilingual Teaching Assistants required for Primary Schools in Cardiff
We have several clients who are looking for Bilingual Teaching Assistants to work on a supply basis within their schools. The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the class teacher and you will use the pupils first language to support and develop their learning. All Bilingual Teaching Assistants should have a good understanding of the pupil’s cultural background and should be briefed on this by the class teacher. Bilingual Teaching Assistants will also use the pupils first language to explore concepts in greater depth and to help develop their learning. You will play an import part in helping build the pupils self-esteem and confidence so that all pupils are enabled to reach their full potential.
The ideal candidate will be expected:
- To work under the guidance of the teacher
- Prepare the classroom before each class as well as tidying at the end of each class
- Support reading groups
- Work on a one to one basis
- Lead small groups
- Have excellent knowledge of the school curriculum
- Have excellent numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
- Monitor and record pupils progress
- Report feedback to the teacher
- Carry out administrative duties
- Help and organise wall displays
We at Staffroom cover anything from day to day supply through to long term assignments and look for candidates who have a real passion of working with children and help develop their education.
You must have at least 3 months’ recent experience of working with children or hold the relevant Teaching Assistant qualification.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure(SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.