Staffroom Education are currently recruiting for Cover Supervisors to work in a number of Secondary Schools in the Cardiff area. With a busy summer term ahead, these positions are a great opportunity for Final Year Students within Education, Newly Qualified and Further Education Teachers to gain day-to-day and ongoing employment.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and dedicated people who are passionate about working with pupils of all ages. Our schools understand the importance of having great cover staff in their classrooms and have given us an overview of what is expected of any educator that they employ. The following gives you an idea of what you can expect in the role of Cover Supervisor:
- Supervising work that has been left for the class and ensuring acceptable behaviour is maintained;
- Ensuring any worksheets / books are collected at the end of a lesson and subsequent setting of homework left by the class Teacher;
- Assist in classes within a designated subject area, i.e. support delivery of subject lessons alongside the timetabled teacher;
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
- Reporting of any disruptive or escalating behaviour, in line with school policy;
- Ensure that the classroom is left tidy at the end of each lesson;
- Undertake form/lunchtime/break duties including registration cover.
This role, along with all other teaching vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.
- See more at: http://www.staffroomeducation.co.uk/teaching-jobs-in-wales/page/3/#sthash.EjAJ4Qxc.dpuf