Staffroom Education are currently recruiting for a Cover Supervisor to work in a Secondary School in Newport. This position provides a great opportunity for a Tutor, Instructor, Newly Qualified or Further Education Teacher to gain invaluable experience through ongoing employment.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about working with pupils of all ages. The school understands the importance of having great cover staff in their classrooms and have given us a comprehensive overview of what is expected of any educator that they employ. The following gives you an idea of what you can expect in the role of Cover Supervisor:
- Supervising work that has been left for the class and ensuring acceptable behaviour is maintained;
- Ensuring any worksheets / books are collected at the end of a lesson and subsequent setting of homework left by the class Teacher;
- Assist in classes within a designated subject area, i.e. support delivery of subject lessons alongside the timetabled teacher;
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
- Reporting of any disruptive or escalating behaviour, in line with school policy;
- Ensure that the classroom is left tidy at the end of each lesson;
- Undertake form/lunchtime/break duties including registration cover.
This role, along with all other teaching vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.