Staffroom Education are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Design and Technology Technician to work within a secondary school in the Newport area. The school is easily accessible by public transport and has on site car parking. The position is to start immediately and is fulltime term time only.
The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head of the DT Department and you will work alongside the Teachers within a classroom environment.
- Providing technical and administrative support;
- Ensuring the teacher has everything required to deliver the lesson;
- Create and prepare resources;
- Assist pupils during the lessons;
- Maintain and monitor stock control;
- To maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements.
The successful candidate must have experience in DT and/or catering environment as well as an understanding and knowledge of Health and Safety protocols. The key tasks are to support lesson preparation and implementation across the department, together with relevant administration duties related to course-work and department issues.
This role, along with all other teaching vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please click here.