We are currently looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSA) to work within Primary Schools in Cardiff, Newport and The Vale. The candidate we are looking for is flexible and has a passion for working with children, the positions we cover are day to day supply as well as short and long-term positions.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 months recent experience either working within a classroom environment, hold the relevant Teaching Assistant qualification Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, a degree in Early Years and Education or Childhood Studies.
The Teaching Assistant position is:
- Help prepare the classroom before class
- Tidy the classroom at the end of each class
- Support the teacher when needed
- Support reading groups
- Help with group activities
- Provide one to one support as well as working within small groups
- Help with administrative tasks
- Provide feedback to the teacher on the pupil’s progress
- To be aware of the planning and preparation of work
- To assist with the development of basic Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills.
The candidate we are looking for is hardworking, organised, reliable and flexible. As well as having a good understanding of the school curriculum. If you are looking for supply work as a classroom assistant, why not apply today.
The Teaching Assistant position as well as others currently on offer at Staffroom Education come with excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other position, please contact us today on 02920 496646.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visithttps://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.