Staffroom Education are looking for experienced Learning Support Assistants to work within one of our secondary schools in Newport. The position has an immediate start. The successful candidate should have experience of working in a classroom environment as well as working with children with behaviour. You will be expected to work with Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 providing support mainly within small groups but occasionally on a one to one basis. The school also caters with children with behaviour so experience in this field would be beneficial.
As Staffroom Education has recently won the Preferred Supplier status for Newport, we are looking for staff who are reliable, confident and flexible to work within this popular secondary school.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is:
- Support the teacher when required
- Help prepare the classroom at the start of each lesson
- Help tidy the classroom at the end of each lesson
- Provide support to the pupils when required
- Help with administrative tasks
- Report feedback to the teacher regarding the pupils progress
The successful candidate should also demonstrate excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills as well as a thorough understanding of the school curriculum. You must have at least 3 months recent experience of working within a classroom environment.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview