Staffroom Education are currently recruiting for a School Administrator on behalf of our client, a busy Secondary School based in Newport. This is a full-time, temporary position with an immediate start.
Reporting to the school Business Manager, the role will involve the handling of invoices, dealing with petty cash and school dinner money, general administrative duties and, as with any school-based role, interaction with staff, parents and pupils.
Experience of using SIMS (Schools Information Management System) would be beneficial but not essential.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Managing and processing all correspondence, drafting letters, reports, memos, referencing and presentations using MS Office.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff and pupils.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person;
- To answer and deal with parental enquiries day to day.
- To be responsible for ensuring a high standard of quality and accuracy in all documents produced.
- To provide high quality administrative and secretarial skills.
Experience within a finance position is essential however the successful candidate may not necessarily have worked within a school environment previously.
This role, along with all other vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure(SPS);
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please click here.