Staffroom Education are currently short-listing for a Teacher of Biology vacancy in Newport , starting immediately for at least one term. We welcome applications at this time from both NQT’s and fully qualified Science Teachers.
The post is a full-time, temporary position within a progressive and improving 11 – 16 Community school in Newport. The person specification for this role recommends a determined and passionate subject Teacher, with the ability to encourage and inspire pupils of all social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- A good understanding of Biology curriculum across all Key Stages;
- Excellent classroom management strategies;
- A passion for raising student expectations and achievement;
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff and pupils;
- To remain up to date with educational developments and changes whilst undertaking the role;
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection;
- Attendance of curricular and extra-curricular events in line with school policy;
- A current and clear, fully-enhanced DBS disclosure certificate;
- Full registration with the Education Workforce Council.