Staffroom Education are looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work within a busy nursery in the Cardiff area. We are looking for a candidate who is flexible and has a passion for working with children especially babies and toddlers. This position is available to start immediately. We cover day-to-day positions as well as short term and long term positions.
The nursery is located within Cardiff and is easily accessible by public transport as well as the M4. There is on site car parking and the bus stop is 5-minute walk away. The nursery aims to improve the health, education and emotional development of young children and families.
We are looking for a candidate that has experience working with babies and toddlers and is enthusiastic about working with children. You may also be required to change nappies as well as help with toileting and feeding. Experience within a nursery setting would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 months recent experience of working within a classroom environment or hold the relevant Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 or degree in Early Years and Education or Childhood Studies.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is:
- Help prepare the classroom before class
- Tidy the classroom at the end of each class
- Support the teacher when needed
- Support reading groups
- Help with group activities
- Provide one to one support as well as working within small groups
- Help with administrative tasks
- Provide feedback to the teacher on the pupil’s progress
- To be aware of the planning and preparation of work
- To assist with the development of basic Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills
We are looking for a candidate who is hardworking, organised, reliable and flexible. You should also have a good understanding of the school curriculum as well as the foundation phase. If you are looking for supply work as a classroom assistant why not apply today.
This role, along with all other teaching assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).