Staffroom Education are currently recruiting for a Teacher of Geography to join a Secondary school in Cardiff after the Easter break ( April 24th ) on a 0.7 contract . The timetable will include teaching mainly to key stage three , however elements of key stage four may also be required.
Student and staff expectations are high and the successful candidate will be tasked with ensuring that work is carried to a fantastic standards. If you are passionate about teaching Geography have the desire to teach, this position may be of interest.
We welcome applications from both qualified and newly qualified teachers.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Geography subject matter;
- The ability to take direction and work to deadlines;
- Excellent classroom management strategies;
- Attendance of curricular and extra-curricular events in line with school policy;
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff and pupils;
- To remain up to date with educational developments and changes whilst undertaking the role;
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection;
- A current and clear, fully-enhanced DBS disclosure certificate;
- Full registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This role, along with all other teaching vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout the assignment and beyond;
- Regular mentoring and consultation on CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this Geography vacancy or would like more information on our services, please contact us today on 02920 496646.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.
Job Type: Temporary