Staffroom Education are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to work within a busy Secondary School in The Vale of Glamorgan. The school is easily accessible by public transport as well as close links to the M4 and A4232. Starting immediately, this vacancy is full-time, Monday – Friday and within normal school hours.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working with children or adults who are Hearing Impaired as this position requires you to work within the Hearing-Impaired Unit within the school.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a Secondary school, as most of the pupils within the unit are in average or high ability groups so the ability to support to at least GCSE in the core subjects is a must. It would also be beneficial but not essential for the ideal candidate to have a background or interest in Science, Computing, Maths or IT.
- An encouraging and understanding nature;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A passion for raising student expectations and achievement;
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff and pupils;
- To remain up to date with educational developments and changes whilst undertaking the role;
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection;
- A current and clear, fully-enhanced DBS disclosure certificate;
- Full registration with the Education Workforce Council.
This role, along with all other Teaching Assistant vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for the Teaching Assistant – Hearing Impairment, Cardiff vacancy, or any of our other roles available, contact one of the team today! 02920 496646 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60.00 /day
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) – for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.