Library Assistant Vacancy in Newport
Staffroom Education looking for an enthusiastic library assistant who enjoys working with children and helping with their enquiries. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as an interest in reading.
This full time post will be based in a Newport Secondary school and will be a one year fixed term contract beginning in September 2016. A background in English is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- To shelve, tidy and file book stock and other materials
- To carry out other routine counter / clerical / library duties
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team and all Heads of Departments to ensure that the library is appropriately stocked.
- To ensure that the library is an attractive learning environment.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with staff and pupils.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the relevant area(s)
- Assist pupils with one to one reading and writing
This role, along with all other vacancies currently on offer at Staffroom Education, has excellent benefits including:
- The very best rates of pay, incorporating our innovative Scalable Payment Structure (SPS);
- Guaranteed Pay Scheme;
- Flexible payment options to suit your circumstances;
- Regular and varied work specific to your needs;
- Hands-on support throughout assignment and beyond;
- Referral Scheme for recommendations;
- Consultation and assistance with CPD;
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques etc.
If you are interested in applying for this or any other vacancy, please contact us today on 02920 496646 or by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffroom Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and as such, require any individuals applying for positions to undergo or be in possession of a valid and enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) - for more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview.